Of course while Oarin was perfectly satisfied with chucking the oats in, my fruitless chase after mock cheesecake yogurt had me hatch a crunchy oat plan. FAST FACT: did you know that honey can be substituted for oil in frying for a sweet and effective non-stick alternative. Armed with this knowledge here is what I made:
Yogurt with Honey Fried Oats
|See! it is totally just like cheesecake...|
- LEMON CURD Yogurt (ok I'm being picky, any yogurt will do and as much as you want)
- Oats (enough to top your yogurt)
- Honey (at least a few Tbs - but enough to match the amount of oats)
- Cinnamon/nutmeg/all spice (any combination, to taste - or leave it out)
- Flaxmeal (optional, but those dam omegas - any other tasty supplement you have could work here to, protein powders etc)
- Place the yogurt into your bowl and mix in 1 serve of your flaxmeal (or other)
- Put your frypan on medium-high heat and pour the honey into the pan
- When the honey is thin and runny (it won't take long) toss in the oats and sprikle with your spices (cinnamon etc) combine well
- Toss occasionally and be vigilant - you want the oats to be a tad crunchy.
- Place the honey fried oats on top of the yogurt and consume.
**note: dried fruit or fresh fruit would be a great addition to this snack! - we did not have any on hand -- Oarin ate all the dried mango I got from 2brothers.com!