Hopefully all this means that you should be able to make it to! And you can even take crappy pictures of it, just like me!
anyway today I made:
Mozzarella, spinach and artichoke....squished toasted bread stuff
Here is my non-food-art picture:
|Yes, I ate half.|
Ingredients (for one sammich):
- Handful of jarred or canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 TBS salted butter
- 1 TBS of olive oil
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and the water squished out.
- Garlic, I used the pre-diced jar stuff
- Grated mozzarella cheese
* This recipe can be done my frying both pieces of bread on one side in a frying pan whilst the cheese on top melts, but I used the flat-pressing George Foreman.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a frying pan, once melted place both slices of bread (one side only) into the butter/oil mixture - only briefly!
- Place your bread butter-side down on your plate and top each slice with mozzarella
- Sauté the spinach with garlic in a little olive oil and add that on top of the mozzarella on one slice of bread
- Chuck the chopped artichokes on top of the spinach and put your sammich together
- Grill in the George Foreman or sammich press etc till browned to desired levels and er...eat it.
|I know it isn't Christmas - Merry Christmas!|