Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Today i8: Mozzarella, Spinach and Artichoke Toasted Sammich

I'm going to be scribbling down any 'recipes' (if you can call them that!) that I eat on a day-to-day basis. Chances are I've borrowed the basic idea from somewhere or another and then taken any number of shortcuts in order to be able to actually make it...

Hopefully all this means that you should be able to make it to! And you can even take crappy pictures of it, just like me!

anyway today I made:

Mozzarella, spinach and artichoke....squished toasted bread stuff

Here is my non-food-art picture:


Yes, I ate half.


Ingredients (for one sammich):
  • Handful of jarred or canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
  • 2 slices of bread
  • 1 TBS salted butter
  • 1 TBS of olive oil
  • 1/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and the water squished out.
  • Garlic, I used the pre-diced jar stuff
  • Grated mozzarella cheese
* This recipe can be done my frying both pieces of bread on one side in a frying pan whilst the cheese on top melts, but I used the flat-pressing George Foreman.

Procedure:



  1. Melt the butter and olive oil in a frying pan, once melted place both slices of bread (one side only) into the butter/oil mixture - only briefly!
  2. Place your bread butter-side down on your plate and top each slice with mozzarella
  3. Sauté the spinach with garlic in a little olive oil and add that on top of the mozzarella on one slice of bread
  4. Chuck the chopped artichokes on top of the spinach and put your sammich together
  5. Grill in the George Foreman or sammich press etc till browned to desired levels and er...eat it.
I know it isn't Christmas - Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment