so hopefully there will be much more of this:
|Oarin's looked better than mine, three eggs!|
- Pre-chopped garlic (to taste)
- Ginger (again I use the pre-smooshed stuff) (to taste)
- Lemongrass (pre-smooshed....just assume it from now on) (to taste)
- Soy Sauce (to taste....always)
- Sesame oil
- Cornflour (optional)
- Vegetarian mince (TVP , or even tofu - this soup is easy to vary!)
- Noodles (any will do, rice, egg - I used Mi Goreng noodles!)
- Vegetable stock (too taste, but you will need a fair few cups)
- Mixed Vegetables (I used shredded cabbage, julienned carrots and canned mushrooms, but you can also add spinach, green beans - anything really)
1. Put a large pot on medium-high heat, add the sesame oil and once heated lightly saute the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and a dash of soy sauce.
2. Throw in all your vegetables and the vegetarian mince (or tofu!) toss for a few minutes in the pot and then add at least enough stock to cover - add more if you want more - I like more!
3. Scoop out a cup of the stock and mix in a few Tbs of cornflour to thicken this stock then put it back in the pot. (add even more depending on how thick you want the soup base)
4. Bring soup to the boil and toss in the noodles till they cook - season with extra soy sauce if you like.
5. There are two options for the eggs - firstly: you can serve the soup until your bowl top crack a raw egg into it and microwave it for a minute or two if you'd like it more cooked. Secondly: you could reduce the soup to a simmer and crack a number of eggs straight into the soup on the stove. It is up to you!
6. Drizzle with a little extra sesame oil before scarffing your meal.