Try mixing it up with different veggies and sauces. Try carrots, baby spinach, cabbage, corn, peas, extra soy sauce, chili, fresh tomato and 4 bean mix. In fact you can add pretty much anything *edible* lying around your kitchen.
- 1 TBS vegetable or olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 glove garlic or crush garlic
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, halved
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 packets Mi Goreng noodles and their seasoning (we used "Idomie" brand)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup satay tofu shredded (Another flavor is also fine)
- 1/3 cup cheese, grated (choose your fave)
- Deepish-based frying-pan (24cm diameter approx.)
- Foil to cover the frying-pan handle for its stint in the oven
- Medium saucepan (to cook your noodles, though this can also be done in the microwave)
- A large bowl to beat egg mixture in
- An appetite
- Cook the Mi Goren Noodles, drain and set aside. RESERVE THE FLAVOR SACHETS OUT!
- Heat oil in the frying pan at moderate heat. Add the onion and cook until it has softened.
- Heat oil in the frying pan; cook and stir for approx. 4 minutes or until the zucchini has softened.
- Lightly beat eggs and reserved flavor sachets in the large bowl.
- Add the contents of the frying-pan (vegetable mixture) into the large bowl (egg mixture) then add the cooked noodles, shredded tofu and cheese. Toss well!
- Give the frying pan a quick rinse, wipe and brush with oil.
- pour the mixture into the frying pan and cook on a moderate heat for approx. 8-10 minutes or until browned underneath and almost set. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
- Preheat an oven-grill to high. Cover the handle of the frying pan in foil and grill for 5 minutes or until set.
- Take it out of the oven, cut it into wedges like a DELICIOUS CAKE and DEVOUR; preferably at the computer desk.
Tell us what you think of our spin on Mi Goreng.